Did you know that what you eat can have a significant impact on the appearance of your skin? At Dafna's, we believe in holistic beauty that goes beyond the products you apply to your skin. That's why in this article, I want to show you how you can nourish your skin from within, promoting its natural radiance and protecting it from signs of aging by following these tips:
Water is essential for hydrating the body and maintaining proper acidity levels (caused by stress, for example). However, there are also foods that are excellent for hydrating us and providing our skin with the necessary antioxidants to protect it from damage caused by free radicals and sun rays.
Antioxidant and other key ingredients that will benefit your skin this summer:
- Avocado: Its high content of Omega-3 fatty acids helps strengthen the skin's natural protective barrier, which is essential for a smooth, youthful-looking complexion. Additionally, it contains vitamin E, a powerful antioxidant that combats free radicals and protects the skin from external damage.
- Tomato: Known for its high lycopene content, an antioxidant that gives it its characteristic red color. Lycopene helps reduce the impact of free radicals on skin cells, preventing premature skin aging. Consuming tomatoes regularly will help protect your skin from photoaging, regardless of the time of year.
- Nuts: An excellent source of folic acid, a vitamin from the B group that plays a fundamental role in the skin's cell renewal process. Additionally, nuts contain antioxidants such as vitamin E, vitamin A, zinc, and selenium, which combat oxidative stress and protect the skin from damage caused by free radicals.
- Yogurt: Helps regenerate the intestinal flora, which in turn improves nutrient absorption and strengthens the immune system. Digestive disturbances can cause skin inflammation, especially if you suffer from skin problems such as acne or rosacea.
- Carrots: Rich in beta-carotene, an antioxidant that converts to vitamin A in our body. Vitamin A is essential for collagen production, a key protein for maintaining skin elasticity and firmness. By including carrots in your diet, you can help prevent the appearance of wrinkles and keep your skin more elastic and youthful.
- Blueberries: Blueberries are very rich in antioxidants, especially vitamin C, and they also contain anthocyanins, compounds that protect the skin against harmful UV rays.
- Chia seeds: Although they are very small, they are very powerful. Rich in omega-3 fatty acids and antioxidants, they help reduce inflammation in the body and promote healthy, glowing skin. It's very easy to include them in smoothies, salads, or alongside yogurt to enhance the effects of these ingredients.
By combining a healthy diet with a good skincare routine, you can enjoy radiant and beautiful skin throughout the summer.
Supporting healthy food
As we get older, we lose collagen, which is essential for supporting our skin, we find it more difficult to sleep or for our sleep to be restful and of good quality... for this reason, I recommend our Beauty and Calm nutricosmetic with amino acids, vitamins (C and group B), antioxidants such as Coenzyme, Sea Buckthorn... and botanical plants with soothing action for a restful rest.
Beauty and Calm promotes healthy skin, strengthens the skin barrier and prevents (and reduces) the signs of aging. Beauty from within...
I have created a special summer collection with lightweight products and fresh, revitalizing scents that take care of your skin and help reduce stress. Summer collection here.